Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

PAINTING.


So, I started to paint again.  I have a BA in art (painting was my concentration).  I honestly haven't just painted in years and man am I rusty.  I think that there is muscle memory with skill and technique, but I really need to practice and practice!  I've chosen many other creative outlets over the years, but I definitely am starting to crave painting again.  So, I'm starting really slowly, just playing with materials and color.  I picked these star jasmine on a walk the other day and brought them home to use as inspiration.  I was going for a more illustrative look (the black outlines) and used watercolor and gouache, which are both pretty new to me-- I used to paint exclusively in oil, and then acrylic.  We'll see where this goes-- fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment