Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

PERFECT SUMMER DINNER.


This is my third Berkeley summer.  I can't say that I have gotten entirely used to a non-scorching-hot summer yet, but it certainly is starting to grow on me.  I sometimes miss the hot, sweaty days and warm summer nights of the north east. Although to Berkeley's credit, these past few weeks have been AMAZING and perfect weather-wise.  Days that are sunny and almost really hot (but not humid) and perfect-sleeping-temperature nights.  My little garden has been loving the sun, but not needing mega watering to thrive.  I gotta say, it has been pretty fabulous.  And just when we have a day that is almost too hot, we are given a day where the fog rolls in and gives us some reprieve.  Wait, why do I ever want to move away from here?  And let's not fail to mention the produce we have in abundance here.  Dear god.  I am thinking of asking Monterey Market to marry me, I am that in love.  The organic produce: fresh and cheap as all get up.  Then I just go outside in front of my building and pick a lemon and some herbs to add to whatever it is I'm making.  All.  Year.  Long...sigh...oh California...

Anyway, I went to the market and bought some glorious fruits and vegetables  and made the perfect summer dinner:  Salad with some added veggie protein and a fruit salad.  Perfect and satisfying.




No comments:

Post a Comment