Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

GERMAN BLACK FOREST CAKE!

 

I made an (authentic German) Black Forest cake for the birthday of our (authentic Austrian) friend and housemate Peter.  I don't think I would have ever thought to have made this type of cake if it weren't for his request for it, but I love baking pretty things and I love a challenge.  It had a lot of steps and it was boozy!  :)  And very, very delicious.  I used this recipe.  I really liked that it used fresh cherries and not icky, syrupy canned ones.  I also bought Kirsch (cherry liquer) at the liquor store.  It gives it a really nice cherry/almond flavor.  I ended up having one happy accident happen with the recipe:  I forgot to put the sugar in the chocolate cake.  Like, totally eliminated it!  And you know what?  I think it probably turned out way better!  There was enough sweetness from all of the other components.  So, if you try this recipe, I would HIGHLY recommend eliminating the sugar or reduce it majorly.  xo.

Birthday "frog game" tournament.

Peter may be a bit obsessed with this game :)
Birthday dude.


No comments:

Post a Comment