Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Día de los muertos en Berkeley.



Yay! I went to Berkeley's dia de los muertos celebration tonight and it was really beautiful. There were alters and candles everywhere, there was a Mexican folk dance performance, and lots of people dressed up with face paint and costumes. At the end of the celebration, candles were passed out and the huge group of attendees began a candlelit procession through the city in honor of loved ones passed. It was really cool. I saw my friend Racheal at the end and she told me about the festival in the Mission in San Francisco. I guess it is huge and beautiful and amazing. I think I will go next year...I'm so glad I went tonight.

It was hard to capture the mood of the night with my camera. I tried to take mostly shots without flash, but I really wanted to document the colors and details too, so I reluctantly got a few with.








My candle for the procession.

This couple won the costume contest. They looked perfect!

Racheal with her awesome face paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment