Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

So, we are east coasting for about 9 days (NYC and then visiting family in Massachusetts).  Raf had a conference in New York and I was more than happy to join.  Especially because he needed to be in Midtown.  Mind you, Midtown is my least favorite place to be in Manhattan (sooooo touristy and busy and crazy and plastic), BUT it is right near the Garment District, where I love to shop for jewelry supplies.  And it is pretty great to be centrally located when there because I love to walk everywhere.  So, I spent most days wandering around and getting my New York fix.  I seriously love and miss that city.  I spent the first day with Olivia (an FIT student! and friend from my acting class in Ithaca).  She is so adorable and sweet and it was great catching up with her.  We spent most of our day downtown:  ate a yummy Thai lunch, did some window shopping, ate some ice cream :) and ended our wander on the High Line (a public park built on an historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side).  Very cool and beautiful green space...



                                                            Olivia!



                         I loved these flowers over the streets in Little Italy.


                                        Old school sign in Union Square.


                            Weird vegetable "juice" I had from a food cart.


                             I LOVE the displays at ABC Carpet & Home...

                                                     More displays.


                                Pretty details on the fire station building.


                                                Happy street flowers.

I left the city with tired feet, creative inspiration, lots of yummy food in my belly, and some amazing loot that I can't wait to get home and start creating with!  We are now doing some serious relaxing with Raf's family and enjoying these next few days before heading home...

No comments:

Post a Comment