Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

RECENT LOVELY THINGS.

Life is good.  I am still trying to figure out my creative and career directions, but that will all unfold when it is supposed to.  In the meantime, I have been a busy bee.  Making jewelry, cooking up a storm, working (Sala, catering, and helping my new pal, Diva of Linea Carta for a show she recently did), and putting a vegetable garden in my backyard (pictures of that soon...)!  We also recently confirmed that we will be living in England for 3 months starting sometime in August for some work that Raf will be doing.  It is pretty exciting to be going on another adventure together!  Anyway, here are some nice things going on lately...


Some new jewelry.  All of it is at Sala in Berkeley.  I am hoping to update my etsy soon and open my new etsy shop too!



This is an Anthropologie dress that I coveted at one point.  It was expensive.  I scored it the other day (brand new, btw) at a local thrift for PEANUTS!  Win!



 This antique armoire was FREE on the street in front of the building next to
ours.  Are you kidding me!  I shimmied it by myself a few hundred feet to get it in front of our garage and then called my sweet neighbor pal, Dorothy.  She was home--yay!  We got it into my apartment.  It is now the happy (and pretty) new home of Raf's things that needed a better home.  :)



Speaking of Raf, it was his birthday this past week.  We ate some yummy food.  I made him an (almost vegan) dark chocolate cheesecake.  It was pretty darn delicious.  I made it in a 6-inch cheesecake pan--perfect amount!



And I got to spend some quality time with our (previously mentioned) sweet neighbor/pal Dorothy...sigh...she is a dreamboat.  And a ridiculously talented author!  You should read her books--but beware, they are addictive!  Anyway, she and I went for a lovely walk and then out for sushi at one of my favorite restaurants in Berkeley: Cha-ya (totally vegan Japanese food).  It was delicious and beautiful, as usual...



Happy Monday/week! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment