Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

I'M BACK... & LUNCH!


Hi! For lunch today we had leftover (from the night before) mushroom risotto. It was so darn delicious. I went to Monterey Market, which has a crazy-good mushroom selection, and bought baby shiitakes, hedgehog mushrooms, and criminis. I cooked them all with a bit of butter and a pinch of salt and set aside. I made my risotto the standard way (which is typically described on the arborio rice package) but added two leeks (also sauteed in a tiny bit of butter with a pinch of salt), nutritional yeast, a bit of parmesean, and some dry red wine. It was divine, I tell you. I served it at dinner time over a bed of organic baby spinach and some baked tofu. For lunch we had the same, minus the tofu, plus an Asian pear. So yum!

Oh, and I'm back from my hiatus. We traveled for about 5 and a half weeks and I just had so much to catch up on upon our return. I have a lot to share in the coming days--recipes, adventures and a lot of fun with our peeps!

And! I have a new haircut (bangs!), new eye glasses, a new part time job (with potentially another one on the way), and a fun new etsy business/shop (in the works). And we made sweet new friends tonight (went out for a vegan dinner at Herbivore with them :). 2012 is lovely so far!

One more thing: it is citrus season around here and I couldn't be happier. It is so nice to walk around the neighborhood and see so many varieties of citrus fruits in full bloom, pretty dreamy if you ask me...Take a look at this pommelo--isn't it beautiful??

No comments:

Post a Comment