Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Point Reyes

I had no idea that Point Reyes National Seashore was going to be be beautiful! My favorite spot I have seen so far is Big Sur, but Point Reyes takes a close second. I've had the opportunity to explore the coast a bit since being out here, and my breath is taken away every time I see the cliffs and bluffs and crazy blue color and waves and vast sea. The Pacific Ocean just seems more wild to me than the Atlantic. The beaches in Northern California aren't what your typical east coaster is expecting a California beach to be. They are, for the most part, painfully beautiful, mysterious, and unpredictable. Raf and I went to a beach in January where it was warm and sunny all day and we could play frisbee and sit in the sand. Then we go in June and you practically have to wear a hat and gloves.

We had two friends--Abby and Dan (who happen to know each other) come visit us, overlapping each others stay. It was nice to have some east coast folks to show around! Anyway, we spent a windy,chilly Saturday at the seashore with them. We had a picnic at the top of a gigantic rock overlooking the ocean, hiked down a steep cliff to an historic lighthouse, and then frolicked a bit at a beach. The water was FREEZING and the wind was whipping, but we had a pretty great time breathing in the salty air and enjoying the company of buddies!

Tiny Dan at the top of our picnic rock.

Descending.

That day was too windy, but usually you can see gray whales here!

Abby and me.

Dan and Raf.

Beach sillies!




Weirdest. Sign. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment