Pages

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Our place


When I stop and think about it, I have a pretty big crush on our apartment. It's Lilliputian and a bit humble in some ways, but really a perfect fit. I usually feel all warm and fuzzy whenever I am walking home, knowing that I get to come home through the squeaky door, walk into the light-filled kitchen, and make a cup of tea and snuggle in the "all purpose room" (it is a studio apt).


It is the most perfect location: a stone's throw from campus, in the amazing (and fabulously walkable) hills of Berkeley, close to Gourmet Ghetto, downtown Berkeley, BART, you name it...It is adorable with old school charm and cute old building details (such as an old fashioned ice box/turned cabinet and a fold out, kitchen-table-breakfast-nook and glass doorknobs, etc.) it has a fireplace and a roof deck and is a quick walk to the farmer's market, go up the street a bit and you have views of the Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge and we have great neighbors in our building (including a cute pup). Sometimes we even swap food with the folks in the apartment right next to ours when one of us discovers a great new recipe. Nothing is better than answering to a knock at your door and being greeted with:

(a ridiculously yummy vegetable tower!)

We just went through some rearranging. Well, mostly me organizing my crap, getting rid of some of my crap, and finding new and more aesthetically pleasing ways of displaying my crap :) Actually, it is mostly my art supplies and jewelry making materials. I think I finally have a set-up that works.



Anyway, we just really scored with a great place to live! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment