Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

CRAZY CAT LADY.

I may have become a cat lover over the past few years.  It might have something to do with the guy I live with.  I guess I've thought of myself as a "dog person" for as long as I can remember.  We always had cats and dogs on my farm where I grew up, but I suppose I felt a bit more connected to the dogs.   But since meeting Raf (aka the Cat Whisperer), I've actually become really fond of discovering the personalities of cats.  They have SUCH personalities!  We had a few favorites in Berkeley -- one in particular (who happened to just let herself into our apartment through an open window whenever she wanted to say hello) we were really sad to leave behind (we miss you Orange Kitty!).  We definitely didn't expect to have feline pals in NYC.  However, our backyard (and our whole neighborhood of backyards) is somewhat of a sanctuary for approximately 12+ semi-wild cats.  There is an actual crazy cat lady who feeds them and has had some of them either spayed or neutered.  We don't feed them, but sometimes give them water (we make it warm so they can have their "kitten tea" in the morning), and Raf made a little shelter for them (see below), because we have had some incredibly cold days this winter.  This cast of characters are so unbelievably entertaining.  I'm not even kidding, some days it is impossible to get anything done.
They are just such funny personalities, and at this point we know exactly how they all fit into their little cat society out there.  We have even named them:  Noodles (name courtesy of our awesome upstairs neighbors), Tiny Noodles, Fluffy Noodles, Other Noodles, Beady, Brother (formerly Beady's Brother), Big Beady, Punk, Cookies, Mr. Fuzz, Jewels, Tubbers, and New One.  Seriously.

Drinking kitten tea, watching People TV.

Isn't Punk intimidating, yet beautiful?  :)
So cuddly.




Mr. Fuzz

Kitten shelter.

My sweet guy shoveled for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment