Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

GOODBYE CAMBRIDGE!

My favorite view/bikepath I rode every day.
 We are leaving Cambridge in just a few short hours.  This has been a really good experience for us.  I didn't do everything I had planned to do, but in the end, the way I spent my time is exactly what I needed.  And we met some seriously awesome people.  Never did I think I would be living in a big, old English house with four quirky/hilarious computer scientists.  It has been a lot of fun.  :)

Second favorite view in the city.

I feel very ready to get back to California and the brilliant sunshine and walks in the hills.  I have so many creative ideas and have been making connections with folks for some work and creative projects, and I am ready to get my winter vegetables in the ground in my backyard garden!  (And I really, really am missing our Meyer lemon tree).

Raf and I are headed off to France and Italy for the next ten days or so.  The poor guy is in serious need of relaxation.  He has been going non-stop since May and it doesn't seem like his crazy-busy times will be letting up any time soon (hopefully and finally finishing his PhD next May-- yay!).  We'll have some big decisions to make in the coming months (basically, where we will be living and working next) and are honestly really happy to have next week and the week after with family and friends to just chill out together...

Looking forward to some flea markets, parks, wine, pastries, cheese, and fancy strolls in Paris, sunshine and clear blue water on the French Riviera, and to eating lots of yum food in Italy!  Updates on the trip soon...xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment