Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

HAPPY, HAPPY SPRING!



Berkeley has beautiful days all the time:  sun shining, birds chirping, green everywhere--pretty much all year round.  But, there is something magical about spring here--new blooms, fuller trees, abundant farmer's markets, fragrant star jasmine... Oh my goodness, the star jasmine.  I have never in my life smelled a more incredible flower.  Sometimes I pick a couple of the tiny flowers and weave them into my hair just to carry the scent with me a bit longer.


My plan in the next few months to is to take the time to indulge in really long walks in the hills to watch things grow and change from spring into summer.  Who knows how much longer we will live here in this beautiful place (Raf will probably be done within a year or so and who knows where our adventure will take us to next!), and I really just want to make sure that I take it all in.

2 comments:

  1. I love that flower! I always steal a little when I pass by a bush, it's the best aromatherapy in the world:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know--intoxicating! Hey, I hope to see you again sometime in the near future! :)

    ReplyDelete