Pages

Saturday, December 14, 2013

VINTAGE PHOTO SHOOT!

When I was living in the San Francisco Bay area, I was really, really lucky to have a group of creative lady-pals.  Friends who are fashion designers, stylists, photographers, boutique owners, hair stylists,  musicians, artists, makeup artists, and published authors.  And most of them dabbled in a variety of artistic endeavors.  All of them are awesome and driven and insanely talented.  I miss those ladies!  

A group of us got together last spring with an idea for a photo shoot.  As a team, we came up with a fun concept and a story to tell.  The photographer, Angela DeCenzo (who happens to be the sweetest person and most bad-ass-talented photographer I know), had an idea for a vintage shoot with old bikes and my dear friend Racheal (the stylist), scouted the perfect location.  You can read about Port Costa in this blog post.  After a couple of meetings and idea/prop/wardrobe sharing (Celeste--my partner in crime for the shoot-- shared her impressive vintage wardrobe), we finally got together with our skilled and clever hair stylist, Silkie, and the charming and crazy-talented makeup artist Nikol Elaine and prepared for a day of photos in a dreamy location.  The weather was perfect, we had many, many laughs, and I think that the end results turned out pretty magical...I love creative collaborations!



























No comments:

Post a Comment