Pages

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

OUR CUTE BROOKLYN APARTMENT.

We had such a hard time finding a place here in New York.  After a few deals falling through and looking for a month, we finally signed a lease on this place and we LOVE it!  Honestly, when we first saw it, we had decided to pass on it for a number of reasons: price, it was very dark in the front of the apartment, and no bedroom door (and after living in a studio for 3 years that was high on our want list).  However, we really connected with the sweet landlord when we saw it and he ended up contacting our broker to see if we still might be interested.  AND he negotiated price.  We had to take it.  Plus, the kitchen is AMAZING (I am seriously loving cooking here), there is a backyard, and the neighborhood is ridiculously fabulous.  Plus it is really close to the subway and a super easy commute to Manhattan.  Sold.  We take walks pretty much every night and I have already made friends with the owner of the organic grocery shop down the street.  We feel very, very lucky to be where we are.  :)

The neighbor's fig tree attacks our bathroom window.

Our new stairs and railings!  There were old, crumbling brick ones there when we looked at the apartment.


Pretty fig leaf.

Our other, very sweet neighbor's awesome veggie garden.

Our cherry tree-- can't wait to see what the fruit is like next summer (and the blossoms in spring!).

View from patio.
Do you spot 4 of our curious fuzzy pals?  We have many, many wild cats that hang out in our yard. 

Our back patio!

Basil.

My bottle and nature collections on our bedroom windowsill.

The best I could do of our bedroom (it is SO dark).  Also, this quilt was a trade for jewelry...YES!

View from the bedroom.

Earrings in the works.

My work space.

Raf's white board, more of my work space.

Raf's work space and some lovely art by his family members.

My recycled paper California collage that took me FOREVER!

Living room.
This rug.  Hahaha.  I LOVE this rug.  I bought it from a vintage shop down the street for a song.  I was pretty excited for Raf to see it when he came home that night.  He said something along the lines of:  "Ugh!  What is that weird sweater doing on the floor?!"  So funny.  I think that MAYBE he is getting a little bit used to it.
Living room again.

Kitchen desk.

Color!

Dining area.

Old-school bathroom.

Dreamboat kitchen.  I mean, REALLY?  I feel like I'm on a cooking show every night.  :)

Kitchen/dining/sliding glass door to patio and yard!



1 comment:

  1. Wow that kitchen! It looks like a cozy place so happy you guys are settling in and like your neighborhood:)

    ReplyDelete