Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

FIGS!

Oh my goodness... Have you ever seen a more beautiful fruit? Sheesh. California, you continue to amaze me. On our way back from Yosemite (which I will blog about very soon) we saw a sign on the side of the road for fresh figs. We seriously hit the jackpot-- finding a sweet farm lined with acres and acres of fig trees-- and it was very worth the detour. This place is called Passion Fruit Farms/ "The Fig Lady" and it is located in Merced, CA. I would definitely, most certainly drive there again for more. They were hands down the sweetest I have ever tasted. I froze some, made Kadota and Black Mission Fig Jam, and ate the rest like a crazy fig addict, straight up. If you have never eaten a fresh fig, then you haven't lived! :)

So pleased.

I think I was smile/shouting..."Aaahhhh....Yes!"


Raf wanted me to make note of the fact that we got all of these for only $5.00. Yep!


So pretty.




Breakfast: 1/2 peanut butter + banana, 1/2 cream cheese + black mission fig... so many yums!

No comments:

Post a Comment